Saturday 16 June 2012

Still raining

It's still raining in Derbyshire, so I pulled a few trees into the conservatory today to do some tidying up.

Here are a few pictures of what I consider to be a couple of reasonably priced trees which I feel are coming on nicely....never be award winning trees but nice to look at all the same

Satsuki Azalea, not sure of the cultivar.
This was £45 ish from Ken Leaver at Windybank around 3 years ago.

I've done a little wiring to open out the branches and general pruning.
This pic is my chosen front, I thought the roots looked stronger.
The pot is a Japanese production line number, I thought the two looked good together when I first re-planted, not 100% sure now.
This is the back of the tree.
Overhead view, I'd cleared quite a few of the spent blooms away before deciding to take any pictures, this tree flowers abundantly every year.
Taxus Baccata (English Yew)
Picked this one up for £5 around 4 years ago.

Chopped the top off... (as you do)... and used the movement at the bottom of the trunk along with the bottom branch to start it off towards a slanting tree that will add drama and movement within a shohin display.
Left a little ten jin.....you've got to have a few ten jins about your collection.
It's really started to fill out this year.....may be something to do with all that food on the top of the soil !
The pot is an Oz pot, a bonsai buddy (Paul Patten) who took to the kiln and is turning out some little beauties.

No comments:

Post a Comment